"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." Susan Heller, Author
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Countdown
Only 8 days in the office before I leave on a business trip and then my long awaited sabbatical. I'm lucky enough to work for a great company (REI) who offers their long-term employees a sabbatical after 15, 20, 25...years of service. I just celebrated my 20th anniversary and am therefore rewarded with a five-week 'get out of jail' free card. Not really, I love my job, but am looking forward to an extended break. I'm new to the blogging world but thought it would be a good way to record my adventures since I'm a horrible journal keeper. We'll see how it goes. Week 1 of my sabbatical starts off in St. George with my sister. After the terribly short summer we've had here in the Seattle area I'm looking forward to some serious sun. Then I'm off to Italy for three weeks. I'm looking forward to wonderful food, beautiful museums, lazy days, sunshine and picture postcard villages. La dolce vita!
Labels:
sabbatical plans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment