"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." Susan Heller, Author

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Harvest Moon

What started off as a rainy overcast day ended with clear skies and a full moon.  My favorite time of the day in Florence is about 7:00-8:00 p.m.  The air is crisp, the lights along the river are twinkling in the Arno, shops are closing, the tour groups have left, people are on their way home from work or on their way to dinner, people are gathered in the piazza's to listen to street musicians and you can begin the to feel what this city is all about without the crowds, scooters and traffic.



On my way back to my hotel I met a lovely young woman from Hong Kong, Laura.  She lived for a time in New York and is now in London studying for her master's in interior design.  She's in Italy for about a week and stopped to asked me directions.  We had a nice visit standing along the banks of the Arno.  I'm a bit sad that I have to leave tomorrow.  Now that I've seen all the museums and churches I can handle I'd like to wander a bit and relax.  Maybe next time.








Even the police officers have style!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds so amazing there. I can't wait to see all your pictures! I'm sad for you that you have to leave.

    ReplyDelete