"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." Susan Heller, Author

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Real Simple

Arrived in Rome on Friday morning.  It was a long flight, about 14 hours, Seattle to Charlotte then on to Rome.  I didn't sleep much on the plane so I was pretty tired when I arrived.  After checking into my hotel I spent the day walking around Rome trying to stay awake until a reasonable hour.  Maybe it was because I was so tired but Rome didn't seem like as much fun the second time around.  It's an amazing city but I was tired and my feet hurt.  Between the cobblestone streets, uneven sidewalks, traffic, noise and crowds of tourists I was ready to get out of town.
When I returned to my hotel the first order of business was to soak my aching feet but no hotels in my price range come with a bathtub.  For those who have read Real Simple magazine you know they have a section where they highlight the dual purpose of household items.  I have a great new suggestion.  The bidet as a soaking tub for dirty, tired feet.  I don't know if Europeans would be appalled but it worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment