"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." Susan Heller, Author

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Italian Men

Today, Wednesday, was a travel day.  I had to drive from Brindisi to Lucca, a good nine hours.  The freeways here are very good, except the tolls (about $60) and the price of gas (about $80).  I've been traveling on a wing and a prayer and the prayer seems to working since I don't have a map (dumb, I know).  I had no problema until I reached Lucca.  I'm staying inside the old walled city and couldn't find which porta (gate) I needed to enter near my hotel.  I finally found it and the hotel.  The clerk at the desk  was stunned that a woman would attempt such a thing alone.  I believe his comment was, 'Not bad for a woman'. 

The hotel has a computer and internet for free so I'll be able to post more often the next few days.  I'm off to bed.

Buona notte.

No comments:

Post a Comment