Villa Scarpariello, my home for the next week, is so beautiful. When I walked into my small apartment I couldn't believe my good fortune. The apartment seems built into a cliff right above the sea. I could fish from my bedroom window if I had some line and a hook. There are two bedrooms, a bath, small kitchen (I can't figure out how to light the stove) and a balcony. The Mediterranean sparkles with the sun, the grounds are filled with lemon and pomegranate trees, the walls are covered in blue morning glory, hibiscus and bougainvillea, there are marigolds, geraniums and many others.
I went to sleep listening to the waves and enjoying a light breeze. When I woke Sunday morning I could look out my window from my bed at the sunrise and see bright pink clouds against a beautiful blue sky. Breakfast was served on a lovely terrace, a nice pot of hot chocolate (cioccolato), croissant, and a tall glass of orange juice. A perfect start to a perfect day in an almost perfect place (traffic and tourists are definitely the curse of the Amalfi coast, but I have no room to talk since I qualify on both counts).







No comments:
Post a Comment