I can't believe my first week in Italy is over and that I'll be leaving the Amalfi area tomorrow. I have really enjoyed my time here. Words can't describe the unbelievable beauty of the towns, seas and mountains. There is nothing to compare.
Today I enjoyed a private boat trip up the coast to Positano. The day was a little overcast at times and the seas a bit choppy but it offered a unique view of the coastline I can't enjoy while driving. Thanks to Susan and REI for arranging this wonderful adventure. I felt a little like the Queen of Sheba with my personal driver at my command. My driver pointed out Sophia Loren's house and we explored a couple of caves.
I spent the rest of the afternoon at the pool and now need to get packed.
Ciao Amalfi!













So glad you updated and are keeping us all up on your fabulous adventure. It sounds like so much fun. The food sounds amazing and so does all the scenery. You are a brave soul to try and drive there! I hear that is how a lot of other countries are- everyone just GOES regardless of anything else and with little traffic laws (that are followed). Glad you made it out alive. Hope the next 2 weeks are just as fun!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! You better be taking tons of pictures!!!
ReplyDelete